Lab Specimen Management
Ensuring integrity of the laboratory and careful management of samples in the lab, applying the latest knowledge and solutions is a must to achieve the best practices and reduce pre-analytic variability. Lab Specimen Management is an effective solution that would help in managing and tracking of an undisturbed collection of samples and processing of specimens with a unique ID printed using barcode system.
- 1D/2D Barcode system is one of the advanced solution in the specimen lab management which helps in precise association of samples with patients in the laboratory.
- Barcoding of Samples will help in retrieving of samples from the store area quickly and correctly
- Implementation of unique ID system in the samples management in the laboratories can save on labour, reduce accounting errors, improves the efficiency and more importantly
One thing that all patients who walk into the hospitals would dread is the registration process. The cumbersome paper based system and different counters for registration, payment, guidance can all be replaced with a comprehensive Patient Management System. This system essentially automates the processes right from registration using Handheld Computers to assigning a unique wrist barcode to the inpatients and tracking their medicine history and movement within the premises.
- Patients and their care takers spend less time doing administrative chores
- Integrating barcode system helps at every stage from checking in new patients with ID wristbands for the management of their care and providing the right treatments and medications.
- With barcode system monitoring and managing patients information becomes easy and convenient to record digitally
Medical Equipment Visibility
The equipments and tools used in Hospitals are expensive and are required at the critical moments in Operation Theatres. If the medical assets are either stolen or misplaced, it can cause not just economic loss but more importantly human loss! RFID is the right technology here to track the medical assets across the entire premises of the Hospital.
- Hospital Asset Tracking System not only provides visibility of accurate count of equipment and also improves healthcare service and cut costs.
- There could be increased returns of some assets and also significant economic savings in tracking the equipment that go unused for years sometimes
- The information about the validity or expiry date of the medical asset is also critical sometimes. This gets taken care of with Store Automation.
Depending upon the volume of the scan, there are multiple varieties of Barcode Scanners in different form factors and capabilities such as Table Top, Flush mount, simple wired among others.
- Barcode Scanning at Pharmacy Point of Sale eliminates long queues reducing frustration levels of the patients
- The orders for replenishing the store can be almost instantaneous considering that the billing software accurately and immediately captures the product information.
- Scanning also ensures that the expired products are not issued even accidentally to the customers with a possible inbuilt alert built into the PoS Software
- Barcode Scanners with a capability of scanning the small 2D Barcodes on the primary packaging of medicines bring in a hig