Work in Process Line Automation
Work in process is the backbone of manufacturing where increased efficiencies and productivity will directly translate to overall throughput from the line. On the contrary, a delay in one station on the assembly line can lead to the entire line coming to a halt. To avoid any bottlenecks, automation through simple barcode scanner for scanning the parts that go onto the line or through a Handheld Reader that runs the ERP/SAP directly on them to update the inventory at the stations is an ideal solution. RFID technology could also be used here.
- Work in process line with automation provides a real-time visibility of the parts usage thus facilitating smooth operations without any shortages of parts at the stations.
- The WIP Automation also ensures that wrong parts are not put on the assembly line for manufacturing.
- WIP Line Automation facilitates parent child relationship in some verticals such as Auto Manufacturing
- Work in process line automation technology helps to improve the quality and precise tracking of the products.
Asset Tracking and Management using Machine-to-Machine Communication (M2M)
Machine-To-Machine communication technology is one of the key pillars for Industrial Internet of Things( IIoT) where Assets or Machines keep relaying the information about the health, performance, usage or any such data to the cloud. The stakeholder can use this information to initiate either a preventive maintenance call or possibly a complete shut down or any other appropriate action. The M2M Technology is being widely adopted by Industries across the globe.
- M2M tracks the asset usage and captures and relays the data associated
- The machine-to-machine system provides an opportunity for supervising and efficient management of every asset of the business that is important.
- The performance data parameters enable system or the operators to take suitable actions such as planning for replacement of parts, order for maintenance activity, emergency shutdown, among others.
- With integrating of real-time M2M system strengthening of operational efficiency and managing the data becomes uncomplicated.
Warehouse Management System
A Warehouse Management System (WMS) is a software application that automates the functions such as Inward, Outward, Picking, Put-away and Cycle Count. WMS could be a native or Web Application running on the Rugged Handheld Terminal where the user carries the Rugged PDA along with him/her to perform the Warehouse functions. Also from the software standpoint, each warehouse is different and the challenges are unique. Thus the WMS should be tailored to the needs and requirements of the particular warehouse. There could many different implementations in terms of the technologies used along with the software such as – Pick to Light/Put to Light, Voice Picking, Hands-free or wearable devices among others.
- Warehouse management system application makes possible to manage the centralized function of a business which includes inventory levels tracking, data tracking, and stock locations.
- Typical warehouse functions such as Inward, Put away, Picking, Stock Take, and Dispatch can be fully automated using the Handheld Barcode Scanners OR RFID Readers.
- The rugged mobile devices and customized software applications are used to connect to the backend ERP/SAP for real-time visibility in the warehouse.
- The turnaround time of picking and dispatch using the Warehouse Management System is much lower as against the paper based manual system
Automated Apply of Barcode Stickers
Automated apply of barcode stickers is extremely helpful in the warehouse process of clearing and shipping of goods. Print and Apply Systems are used in automating the process of implementing the barcode labels such as shipper labels on shipments. This is useful in scenarios where the shipment has to be timely serialized. Using barcode stickers, the process of sorting and managing products becomes easy and simple.
- The automated apply of barcode stickers makes the process of sorting and distribution of goods effortless.
- In the automated labeling process, the package will be scanned, weighed and sorted based on the type of the goods.
- With barcode stickers, companies can track and control the goods through their supply chain
- Automation applying of barcode stickers saves time and reduces the labour costs which in turn improves and speeds the warehouse operations.
- With automated apply of barcode stickers, companies can have a simple and effortless operation of warehouse resulting in high-output of sales.