Multichannel to Omnichannel Migration
Omnichannel is an emerging business transformation in the retailing industry which is widely focused on the customer centric approach. In Multi-channel, each of the individual channels work in silos and hence the consumer might not necessarily get a homogeneous experience throughout. Whereas in Omnichannel, the customer is being tracked for his behaviors across different channels and all of them work in tandem to ensure a seamless experience to the consumer. One of the strong pillars of Omnichannel is the Network Inventory Visibility that is achievable through RFID Technology.
- Omni-Channel approach helps maintain consistency in customer experience and engages the customers as ONE organization or brand
- The conventional strategies of Omnichannel encourage both store and website retailers to enable customers to buy online who are buying in the store and vice versa.
- Omni-channel not only improves customer interaction but also helps in realigning the business operations with better ROI and increased sales.
Cycle Count/Inventory Management
In the Retail Store, the customer experience hinges around the available of the right SKUs of the right products. This process of Store Inventory Management is one of the critical process carried out regularly (Daily in some cases) by retail stores. To help the store operators to capture the inventory information quickly and accurately, Mobile Computers with inbuilt Scanners can be used with a basic application that talks with the backend ERP/WMS. The backend system can then initiate appropriate supply to the store in a timely fashion.
- Inventory visibility can be achieved quickly with handheld computers that can double up both for stock take and Mobile POS application at the store.
- With inventory management, companies can also increase accuracy, mobility, accountability and speed in all the operations of business.
- It reduces the risk of shutting down of business through the use of the costly process to count the inventory.
- With ERP inventory management solution retailing companies can effectively manage and evaluate the goods in the warehouse.
Queue Busting Solution
Queue busting is an innovative solution which helps to cut down on consumer waiting time at the Retail Store Counters of Supermarkets, Hypermarkets, Cash and Carry formats. It can be a combined solution of both hardware (Mobile Computer or Tablet) and software products (Point of Sale Software OR Customized Software) that provides enhanced productivity and speeds up the checkout process. Quick turnaround at the PoS counters is extremely critical for retailers as this directly translates to customer delight and in turn revenues.
- Customer Delight because of a fast checkout is the biggest benefit
- This will directly translate to an increased walk-in and hence better revenues
- Scanning and accepting payment in numerous devices is easy and convenient with Mobile PoS (Rugged Handheld Computer connected to a Payment Device).
- Queue Bursting Solution enables retailers to set up uninterrupted payment checkout which will not waste the time at the time of purchase.
- The software application for queue busting eases the functionality of payment and increase the number of sales as well as buyers.
A warehouse management system is a useful software application that supports operations in a warehouse. This dynamic solution also manages stock locations and tracking of inventory levels. Distribution Center (DC) serves as a centre of the fulfillment of multi-channels through firm strategies for essential distribution of inventory.
- A warehouse management or distribution centre systematically improves the accuracy of inventory operations and productivity.
- Typical warehouse functions such as Inward, Putaway, Picking, Stock Take and Dispatch can be fully automated using the Handheld Barcode Scanners or RFID Readers.
- The Rugged Mobile Devices along with the customized software to connect to the backend ERP/SAP provides the real-time visibility in the warehouse.
- It facilitates warehouse to reduce the risk of accumulation of stock, orders pending, out of stock and loss of sales due to the dissatisfaction of the customer.
- Warehouse management or DC provides the best solution for companies facing difficulty in having compliance with the omni-channel approach.